Monday, September 14, 2009

Distracted

Writing hasnt beeen coming too easy
Of late.

Venus winked at sundown,
Late summer painted the wind,
A goldfinch danced by the lake,
I was distracted...
Noticed,
didn't register.
I was busy looking
For something I cannot find.

Meaning? A click away
On google,
The meaning of anything
And the meaning of everything.

The night is late,
Very late.
And in my digressions,
I have again lost
What I could not find -
The answer to a tooth-shaped question,
The hollow under my dark eyes,
The twinkling smile on a cherished memory.

The night is late,
Very late.
Venus no longer waits to wink,
But the waning moon begs audience.
I am distracted
I am distracted
I am distracted.

Losing what i could not find,
Looking out for what to look.

Its not in my closet,
In the folds of my cotton skirt,
In the whiff of fresh bananas,
In those confused brown eyes in the mirror...

I cannot find myself.

Sep 13th, 2009.
Late.
My apartment, Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment