Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring is in the Air

For once, not out of weariness,
My mind chooses -
To be silenced, unbartered.

One should sometimes settle,
For less than an answer.

When contemplating compromise,
The sweet fruit of assumption
Is far more palatable…
Knowing, you know,
Comes brewed in hemlock.

Have you noticed,
The peeping of velvety fragrant leaves?
And how,
Habituated by protracted stretches of snow,
I had forgotten how I love colors…
Oh, how I love colors!

This lonely spring,
I shall wander in woodlands,
Drenching in the scent of pine and solitude.

March 9, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. One should sometimes settle,
    For less than an answer.


    Chuckle!

    Lovely poem Madeeha. As always. The loneliness is there along with beauty of depicting it and the 'color'ful exclamations!

    ReplyDelete