Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Jump

I have trained myself not to get all excited too easily about stuff (I still do about many things - like a blue butterfly, red rainbow or an unexpected mini-tornado :)... I start bunny-hopping around, especially with things having minimal obvious potential of somehow backfiring madly and ending up hurting me). But in matters of the heart, I am usually calm to the point of seeming indifference, even to myself. This mellowing is both good and bad, in any case a neat survival tactic.

The purpose of this ^ prelude is so I can emphasize why I'm happy that this ended up exciting me so much. The use of illustrations has dramatically magnified the simplicity of what Ray Bradbury conveyed in words. So, here's a message to self: 

Every once in a while, neatly fold away your intellect in a drawer.
.
.
.
Jump... and build your wings on the way down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment