Friday, April 2, 2010

A Small Matter

So small a matter.

I lie hunted and crouched, in this dark corner of existence… by slick, merciless, blood-shot loneliness.

I perceived two faces today, an unseen one tattling, and a guilty one confronted. The tattler confounds me for its (seeming) pre-meditation; the guilt-ridden from its inability to transmit comfort (what it seemed to want to offer). I writhe in this corner and the air spatters me with nameless emotions that jerk around and squeeze my being.

So small a matter.

Months… yes, after months, I suddenly remember dying… dying back in those times when matters weren't so small. Being near-dead is hard work, full of suffering.
That’s what people do to you, even those as insignificant as lunch-time friends, few month old passers-by.

And haha… So. Small. A matter.

Perhaps…. That’s why nature comforts. It never says anything. It never deludes you into a comfort zone and later jerk you around. It doesn’t lie. It doesn’t fuckin’ lie.

April 1st, 2010.

1 comment:

  1. I suddenly remember dying… dying back in those times when matters weren't so small. Being near-dead is hard work, full of suffering.

    You are the voice.

    ReplyDelete